Topic 5 - Diversity

I guess for this topic anything you say can be interpreted the wrong way. For me, the turmoil that the colored emojis caused is excessive. I don't understand how people can feel offended by little pictures you can send in the messenger of your choice. In the past, the emojis were all yellow without a choice to customize the skin color. So why should it be racist to be able to select a darker skin tone? White people also got the opportunity to select the white-ish color just then. They don't run around with yellow skin either. I think introducing the color options was totally alright. I mean we are talking about little comic images here. In my eyes it is a fun way to broaden the options people have when using their messengers, nothing more. Bitmoji has even more room for customization. You can even adjust your hair color, your clothes and decide if your avatar should wear glasses or not. For me, it is all about the fun when it comes to those constructed figures. I think people shouldn't take this topic too seriously, as the makers of these tools simply wanted to allow everyone of us just a little fun.

@23ThingsEdUni

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Topic 6 - Accessibility